In Zanzibar there are four main types of lizards: daytime geckos, nighttime geckos, brush lizards, and coral rag snake-eyed skinks.
Both the gecko species are closely related but they are different species. The nighttime geckos are lighter brown while the daytime geckoes are pretty dark and speckled. I’ve seen the daytime geckos at our house but not the nighttime ones. You can see them the best if they’re outside on the balcony and are on our windows. That way, you can see their little hearts beating and their suction feet.
Brush lizards are the largest lizards and they live in Mbweni. We tried to catch one, but they’re hard to find.
Coral rag snake-eyed skinks live on coral rag (rocks made from ancient coral) and go in the holes.
I’ve also seen blue and yellow striped lizards at my school in Mbweni. They are very fast and pretty small. The reason I didn’t feature them in the top paragraph is that I’ve only seen them at my school.

No comments:
Post a Comment