I’m doing a post about foods in Stone Town. Today I went around town and bought sodas so that we could take a picture and show you all the kinds of Fanta they have in Africa. We couldn’t find all of them because each shop has different ones. What we found were black currant, mango, and orange (in a small bottle). We’ve also seen pineapple, coconut, and watermelon. They have some Coke, but not very much Sprite or Pepsi, and no diet anything. They also do not have any root beer or Dr. Pepper products.
A big bottle costs about 600 shillings ($.45) if you buy it in the bottle, or 400 ($.30) shillings if you drink it and return the bottle right away. A small bottle costs 300 shillings, with the bottle. These prices vary somewhat from shop to shop.
I don’t know my favorite flavor yet because I haven’t sampled black currant, mango, coconut, or watermelon yet. I think I’ll probably like black currant best.
I’m going to write more once I go to the night market at dinnertime.
I remember Orange and Grape Fanta from Japan! (some 20 years ago) How fun to know it's still around!
ReplyDeleteAnd they're made with real sugar and not corn syrup, right? Mmmm--love the taste of soda outside of the US!
ReplyDelete